THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

CLASSIC RAGS & NOSTALGIA AT THE OLD TOWN MUSIC HALL


Knocky Parker at the Bosendorfer Grand Piano/Bill Coffman at the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ


EUPHONIC SOUND RECORDINGS
ESR-1216
1978





SIDE A:



Euphonic Sounds
Lazy River
Palm Leaf Rag
Dinah
Sugar Cane

download


SIDE B:



Sentimental Journey
Weeping Willow
Sugar
Pineapple Rag
Moonglow

download



Editor's note: I could tell right away that I wasn't going to like the mixture of the two different instruments and that sentiment persists throughout the recording. One or the other I say and if at all possible keep it to the Mighty Wurlitzer for me because Ragtime simply isn't my time. Anyhow, I hope somebody is getting something from this Euphonic series because there are more to come in the following weeks. That's all.

No comments: