THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, August 14, 2010

THE MUSIC OF POLAND


Orkiestra Sekcji Polskiej Radia Francuskiego conducted by Van de Walle


CAPITOL RECORDS
T10084
MONO





SIDE A:



KOGUT I BABA (The Rooster and the Old Woman)
TO TANGO JEST DLA MOJEJ MATKI (This Tango Is for My Mother)
JEDZIE BOAT (The Boat is Rocking)
TY I JA (You and I)
GDZIE IDZIESZ WOJTUS (Where Are You Going, Walter?)
WALC FRANCOIS (The Francois Waltz)

download


SIDE B:



STASIU, STASIENKU (Stan, Little Stan)
DWANASCIE GODZIN (Twelve Hours)
KASIA (Kathy)
WOJSKO KOLOROWE (The Colorful Soldiers)
NASKRZYDLACH (On Wings)
AVE MARIA

download



Editor's note: ah- Polish music that is not polka! Well, much of what's on here falls into the traditional genre and a few pieces border on classical and folk but no polka! That's what matters most here, at least to me it does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS !
I Haven't heard this for years. . . .

Polkas as we know them are "polish-American" - this is the down home stuff.
GDZIE IDZIESZ WOJTUS is outstanding !

GF Cholewczynski