THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE RUNNER'S WORKOUT: A JOGGEROBICS EXERCISE PROGRAM


written by Christine Sotmary, narrated by Alan de Mause


GATEWAY RECORDS
GSLP-7615
1982
STEREO


c


SIDE A:



Stretching - Chega De Saundade
Warmup - Turn to Stone
Workout - Saturday's Alright for Fighting
Cooldown - Boogie Oogie Oogie
Stretching - My Foolish Heart

download


SIDE B:



Stretching - Borealis
Warmup - Sultans of Swing
Workout - Queen of Hearts
Cooldown - Makin' It
Stretching - Daedalus

download



Editor's note: you know that grinding metallic sound your car makes when it's about to have a catastrophic breakdown? Well, that's what I was trying to figure out while SIDE A was recording so I missed most of it. SIDE B went along fine until the second track and started skipping like fucking crazy. After that I pretty much spaced out so you're on your own figuring out whether or not this is crap or genius. By the way...who the hell runs like that? Also, check out the running shoes! Can anybody say Winner II's? I'm sure they're probably Adidas, Saucony or something like that but they sure remind me of the good old WII's. I loved those shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the female model. I worked for Bob, the prez of the record company. At the time I was a runner, personal trainer, nutritional counselor--and record co. assistant to the producer. He was cheap...and asked me to model & bring my cute boyfriend. We were suited up in those stupid red/yellow/blue outfits by the photographer. There, in the park (Coconut Grove, FL). My BF was not wearing the proper undergarments and he was exposing himself in all the shots. The photographer insisted we flail around in the air. So he just grabbed some guy out of the park, had him put on the "model shorts" and pose w/me. It all was so WRONG. My shoes were Brooks. All I can say is that I'm very sorry I ever agreed to this.

the said...

Great story Anon. Thanks. Feel free to add more and I'll try to re-up the sounds so you can re-live those not-so-great days.