THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, September 04, 2010

HAVE BURRO, WILL TRAVEL


by Eddie Gallegos and the Conquistadors


COLUMBUS RECORDS
CS 11500
1962?





SIDE A:



El Corrido de san Marcial 3:48
Green Eyes 2:40
Guitar Medley 2:30
Guadalajara 2:43
Cielite Lindo 2:27
La Bamba 4:30

download


SIDE B:



Cascabel 3:20
Jalisco 2:40
Tu Solo Tu
Rancho Grande 2:10
La Paloma 2:30
La Cucaracha 2:28

download



Editor's note: not as rowdy as many Latin albums are and certainly not as loud. That's not to say that there aren't foot-stomping moments but they are tempered with some very pensive guitar work. I doubt that the State (yes, capital letters as in the government) of New Mexico has helped produced anything better in the nearly 50 years since.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to purchase this Eddie Gallegos album, he was a good friend of my Dad and was such a nice guy. Would you take twenty for it?

Anonymous said...

Who was your Dad? He was my Great Uncle. I have this album and will make a copy of it if wanted.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm working on my husband's family tree (Silva & Ramirez).My husband's grandparents were from San Marcial..my aunt was telling me there was a corrido. I am interested in purchasing a copy of the album.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Haven't heard from you. Still interested in buying copy of the corridor. You can contact me at rgpanp@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Eddie Gallegos is my great grandfather. He has a daughter from a first marriage ... I would love to know any information any of you may have about Eddie.

Tynessacamille@gmail.com