THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, October 07, 2010

TWIN BANJO WORKSHOP

051
by Mark Maniscalco


WORKSHOP RECORDS
1003
1980
STEREO


026


SIDE A:



Old Joe Clark
Blackberry Blossom
CooCoo's Nest
Roanoke
Bill Cheatham

download


SIDE B:



Big Mon
Turkey in the Straw
Devil's Dream
Red Haired Boy
Johnny the Blacksmith

download

052

Editor's note: niiiiice. A bunch of twang without a whole lot of hee and haw. If you didn't notice the stereo separation between the two banjos then be forewarned because they are there. Also, is it me or are the first tracks on each side the same or almost the same? I had to compare three or four times before I just gave up and went by the second track.

2 comments:

Kiri said...

Hi! The first tracks on both sides are similar but definitely not the same:))
"Big Mon" is usually played in a much faster tempo. Funny that when it's played slowly it really resembles "Old Joe Clark" - I've never noticed that before:)
Thanks for the great posting!

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

You must have missed the posts where I publicly state that I am tone deaf. :-)