THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, October 01, 2010

UNIQUE PERCUSSION

045
by Terry Snyder and the All Stars


UNITED ARTISTS RECORDS
WWR 3500
1961
MONO


017


SIDE A:



PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ
SOFTLY AS IN THE MORNING SUNRISE
THE MAN I LOVE
GET OUT OF TOWN
DEEP NIGHT
COLONEL BOGEY MARCH

download

SIDE B:



ONCE IN A WHILE
EV'RYTHING I'VE GOT
OUT OF THIS WORLD
BINGA BANGA BONGO
PICNIC
OYE NEGRA

download

047

Editor's note: "Audiophile treat. Laminated original gatefold issue. This LP, the first of the United Artists 'Ultra Audio' series issued in 1960, was retitled 'Unique Percussion' the following year, probably to avoid troubles with Mercury Records over their 1958 release by Bobby Christian called 'Mr. Percussion'."

Yeah, what that says plus brilliance galore. My ears love these percussion albums almost as much as my mouth loves Doritos. If that's not an endorsement then I don't know what is. Anyhow, you beat the drum of enthusiasm while I'm away for the weekend with my little sweet pea daughter.Don't worry, I pre-posted the weekend's noises so you'll get your fix. Have at it, muchachos!

No comments: