THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BREL LIVES!

brel
from the Detroit Production of "Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well And Living In Paris"


SYNCHRONICITY RECORDS
1306
STEREO
1974


1a1ss1


SIDE A:



MARATHON 3:18
YOU'RE NOT ALONE 4:36
FANETTE 5:40
I LOVED 4:10
PORT OF AMSTERDAM 2:58

download


SIDE B:



BRUSSELS 3:30
TIMID FRIEDA 3:45
MARIEKE 4:55
THE DOVE 8:46
NEXT 2:29

download

Picture0097

Editor's note: normally I'm not a fan of musicals whatsoever but this is pretty good. Mainly because the songs are from the famous singer Jacques Brel and also due to the fact that singing is very competent and the songs are almost pop tunes rather than showtunes. Nothing's worse than showtunes! This is pretty enjoyable though.

9 comments:

Rafael said...

Hi!

I was searching for this album for a long time ago, but you could do me a favour??? Could you upload the songs in RAR file? More: Could you post each track as a individual track and not all in only MP3??? Is very boring when you not have all the tracks of individual form. And another thing? Could you post all the tracks in only one link, and not divided in 2 parts??? I think that will be very better if you do what i say... Answer me!!! I'll wait for an answer. Thanks.

Rafael said...

Another thing: Could you post a link with CD cover and the back cover in high quality (300 dpi) and in a high size of this album??? I'm a great fan of covers... I think that your posts will be more complete and satisfactory if you do this.

the said...

No, no I cannot.

Rafael said...

And why you cannot? Could you tell me? I'll wait for his answer.

the said...

1. Because my camera is broken
2. Because I don't post high quality mp3s so that none of the artists or copyright holders complain. If you need a HQ copy then I suggest you buy the record.

Rafael said...

Answering the reasons:

1. Is understable.
2. If you not like to post the mp3 in high quality, what is the reason that you have a blog? It's better you close. i'm not interested in buy, if i requested to you, i wnat to download for free, not buy. If i was interested in buy, i'll go directly to Ebay. Your blog is a disservice to the Internet and the lovers of music in high quality.

the said...

Yeah, I didn't mean buy it from me. Buy it and start your own blog.

John Daly said...

Hi, thanks for this, I always enjoy another 'Alive in Paris' version. John

John Daly said...

Hi, thanks for this, I always enjoy another 'Alive in Paris' version. All the best, John