THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, November 11, 2010

CAROUSEL MUSIC IN HI-FI

049
with Johnny Duff at the Mighty Wurlitzer Pipe Organ


LIBERTY RECORDS
LRP 3053
1957
MONO


CAROUSEL MUSIC IN HI-FI label


SIDE A:



FUN MEDLEY 2:32
VIENNESE MEDLEY 3:05
REPASZ BAND 2:23
SPANISH MEDLEY 2:47
COME TO THE FAIR 1:55
ITALIAN MEDLEY 2:21

download


SIDE B:



DANCE OF THE WOODEN SHOES 1:53
SCOTTISH MEDLEY 2:56
UNDER THE DOUBLE EAGLE 2:07
IRISH MEDLEY 2:30
THUNDER AND BLAZES 2:00
WALTZ MEDLEY 2:35
SONNYBOY 1:43

download

051

Editor's note: I got this one for the quite excellent cover and the Wurlitzer music is the bonus. This guy sure picked a wide variety of music styles and sounds and I guess that's good enough for me because frankly I wasn't even listening most of the time as I pecked away at the keyboard writing one of my other 134 blogs. Let me know how it turned out would ya?

4 comments:

Mr. Daad said...

Well, what can i say? It's not the kinda stuff i usually get all exited about but at the same time it reminds me of my childhood travelling fairgrounds and how kewl it was when they hit town, that's a sweet memory. And the sound of the Wurlitzer is pretty fantastic so it was fun listening at this album even it it wasen't. Does that make any sense?

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

Of course it doesn't make sense you carny weirdo! But the horse's insouciance surely adds up.

caseypd63 said...

"Other blogs"?? Oh do tell. What are they?

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

My favorite two: http://lagerheads.blogspot.com/

http://gundella.blogspot.com/