THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

JUDY CANOVA IN HI-FI

JUDY CANOVA IN Hi-FI front cover
arranged and conducted by Lew Raymond


TOPS RECORDS
L1613
1958
MONO


JUDY CANOVA IN Hi-FI label


SIDE A:

 

JUST BECAUSE
WABASH BLUES
AIN'T GONNA GRIEVE MYLORD ANYMORE
GO TO SLEEPY LITTLE BABY
THE BUTCHER'S BOY
BLOW THE WHISTLE

download


SIDE B:



WABASH CANNON BALL
IT'S ABOUT TIME
I DON'T KNOW WHY
TONS AND TONS OF LOVE
FOLLOW ME
I WAS WRONG

download

JUDY CANOVA IN HI-FI back cover

Editor's note: sometimes cutesy, sometimes bluesy but mostly country and honey don't. You know the spiel. A girl just wants to have Funyuns, etc. and so forth. I actually like this album from the late movie starlet and radio personality although her voice is noticeably limited but good enough for the likes of us dregs of society. She kind of reminds me of a poor man's Patsy Cline and I mean down to the last dime poor. Anyway, you can listen to some of her radio shows here if you haven't had enough of this pig-tailed wonder already. 


Also, this is one of the first records marred by my lack of a camera. Between stealing pics off of Google and having to scan and patchwork quilt these mofos they look horrid but that's how it will be until some windfall of extra cash or Secret Santa comes my way. I will get a camera from somewhere and then will re-do every one of these fucked-up ruinations of my blog! The Christmas records are coming up in about two weeks and I do have some good stuff, I think. You'll get what you get either way.

2 comments:

caseypd63 said...

Stylistically, I can definitely see the Patsy Cline comparison. She's a bit rough around the edges but I kind of like this one. Nice find!

So enough about the camera already. I check your site hear what you've posted and to be entertained by your philosophical diatribes, witty observations and capacious vocabulary. Not to critique your damn photos. Sheesh!

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

I will not stop about the camera! It sickens me to post shit pictures. Shit music is one thing but not shit pictures! I'm not kidding either. Every day before I post I think, "I'm quitting! No more. No camera = no blog." Then I go ahead and post anyway and feel much better about it. I think that's called being obsessed.