THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A NEW LOOK AT OLD MASTERS

CIMG9598
by Professor Peter Fingesten


LISTENING LIBRARY RECORDS
PC 3372
1969


CIMG9602


SIDE A:



da Vinci
Caravaggio

download


SIDE B:



Goya
Van Gogh
Picasso

download

CIMG9599

Editor's note: in an ideal record world this is what I would listen to all the damned time! That's right, a guy smoking a pipe and wearing a smoking jacket talking about painters. How much more absurd can it get than that? Don't get me wrong I'm a great proponent of the arts I just don't buy into the pap about art being a value to culture, let alone culture being a value to life. People make a stink about sports figures maaking absurd amounts of money but when you think about it what's more ridiculous: a guy getting paid millions to hit a baseball or a dude starving to death in some stuffy attic painting pictures?! Then when the crazy picture maker dies some rich son of a bitch makes millions off it by selling it to richer people who have no concept of reality and pay $20 million to hang it on their castle wall. As I was saying, I love this record!

1 comment:

Bill said...

I like reading about music, too.