THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, April 28, 2011

SONGS OF EASTERN BIRDS

CIMG9640
by Donald J. Borror


DOVER RECORDS
22378-7
1970


CIMG9652


SIDE A:



download


SIDE B:



download

CIMG9643

Editor's note: for such a recalcitrant as myself I certainly love the nature records. Well...the concept more than the actual chatter of these crazed sons a bitches who never STFU. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear birds chirp and sing as much as the next fuzzy bastard sitting in a rocking chair on his front porch but if you had to hear this record continuously for 24 hours straight you'd go insane. Of course, those things called freedom and common sense usually prevent such a happening. My brother, on the other hand, is a renown bird song hater and being one of those light sleeping, over-thinking, dime-trigger-temper apes that you hear about in the news, used to open his bedroom window in the morning if the birds pestered him with their wake up song and fired a few rounds of a pellet gun into the treetops. I advise to push pause on the media player if you are so inclined to do likewise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I played it for the parakeets in my office and they were quite perturbed...

the said...

You should try the parakeet album I posted awhile back too: http://recordoobscura.blogspot.com/2009/05/parakeet-lessons.html