THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Monday, November 05, 2012

I SIT RIGHT DOWN SKA B/W SAN SOUCI SKA

by Lloyd Richards


KALYPSO RECORDS
FSSH-6713/4
1960s?


SIDE A:





SIDE B:






Editor's note: I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about ska just as long as you refuse to admit that you're a low frequency pirate. Not that I'm condemning you because somebody's out there scratching at their eyeballs right now trying to find their old Lloyd Richards album and having failed to do so is crawling the net looking for a backup source. That is I. 

This dude, at times, reminds me of a less soulful Otis Redding (that's a fucking compliment because Otis had alllll the soul!) or a more upbeat Freddie Fender and a few others that I've now. Ah- well... have at this scratched up and sullied old thing.

3 comments:

KL from NYC said...

I keep forgetting to come here and then I miss all this neat stuff.
I can't remember when I was here last, and now it's going to take a long time to look around.

Have you taken a look at
http://basementcurios.blogspot.com/
-- it has similar things. If you like something, but the link is down, leave a msg for Grey in the comments.

the said...

Yeah, I've seen that site. Like most of the rare records sites it's a nice slice obscurity. Especially the Jack Vam Impe records.

MIGUEL ESCALANTE MARIN said...

Wanna get this audio files but both of them are down, who can help me???