THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, April 01, 2011

GOLDEN MEMORIES OF YOUR MARDI GRAS CRUISE

006
compliments of Carnival Cruise Lines


SOUVENIR RECORDS
LLP-3001
33 1/3


SIDE A:



download

009

SIDE B:



download

Editor's note: thanks to the oil speculating terrorists on Wall Street I can no longer afford to buy records without having to give up other essentials. The extra $50 a month they steal from me goes a long way towards a happier life but oh well!

I love this record. If I had my choice I'd rather only post spoken word stuff but people get sick of the crap and good records of that sort are hard to find. This one is a mix of live recordings of spoken word and music plus some voice overs discussing the virtues of Carnival Cruises from the 1960s or 70s I'm guessing.

I've never understood the appeal of a cruise but then again I am prone to sever headaches any time I get on a large boat so that might have something to do with it. While most people get seasick from large boats (I have also) I get migraines. Debilitating all day ones that I can do nothing about. I remember going to Boblo Island back in middle school and both years I went I simply handed over my money and tickets to my friends and let them enjoy the day while I laid on a park bench! I think they at least fed and watered me but what a miserable fucking time that was!

No comments: